To request a body-worn camera recording, please fill out the form below.
State law allows the Police Department to destroy a body worn camera recording after sixty days have elapsed.
According to state law, a request for a body worn camera recording must:
• Specifically identify a name of a person involved in the incident
• Provide the incident or case number
• Provide the date, time, and location of the incident or identify a law enforcement involved in the incident.
Within five business days after the receipt of a request, the City's Public Records Officer will do one or more of the following:
- Make requested records available for inspection or copying
- Acknowledge the receipt of request and provide a reasonable estimate of when requested records will be available
- Seek clarification of unclear requests
- Deny the request and cite the legal exemption
- Common Exemptions RCW 42.56.210 through 42.56.510
Charges for Copies of Public Records
- There is no charge for inspecting public records.Black and white copies (8 ½ x 11) are 15 cents per page.
- Mailing includes actual cost of postage and shipping container.
- A DVD/CD is $15.00
- If the requested number of records is large, the City may charge a deposit of up to ten percent of the estimated cost of an entire request before copying records. Also, the City may provide the requested records in installments.
For more information regarding requests for public records, view information provided by Washington's Attorney General.