How do I get a Concealed Pistol License?
The East Wenatchee Police Department issues concealed handgun licenses for the residents of East Wenatchee. Each new applicant fills out an application, is fingerprinted, photographed and an extensive criminal, civil, and mental health background check is conducted. Renewals go through the same procedure, except for the fingerprints. The City accepts payment in Visa or Master Card as well as cash for the exact amount.
To apply with the East Wenatchee Police Department, you must:
- complete a Concealed Pistol License Application
- bring the completed Application to the Police Department
- bring a valid photo ID
- bring proof of 90 consecutive days of residency in the City of East Wenatchee
- pay a non-refundable $48.00 fee ($32.00 for a renewal)
You must meet all of the following requirements to get a concealed pistol license (RCW 9.41.070):
- Be 21 years of age or older at time of application.
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with permanent resident card (green card).
- Have no pending trial, appeal, or sentencing on a charge that would prohibit you from having a license.
- Have no outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court.
- Have no court order or injunction against possessing a firearm.
- Have never been adjudicated mentally defective or incompetent to manage your own affairs.
- Have never been committed to a mental institution.
- Have no felony convictions, or adjudications for a felony offense, in this state or elsewhere. “Felony” means any felony offense under the laws of Washington, or any federal or out-of-state offense comparable to a felony offense under the laws of Washington.
- Within the past year, haven’t been an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, narcotics, or any other controlled substance.
- Haven’t been convicted of 3 or more violations of Washington’s firearms laws within any 5-year period.
- Haven’t been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces.
- Aren’t currently subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child, an intimate partner, or the child of an intimate partner.
- Have never renounced your United States citizenship.
- Have no convictions for any of the following crimes committed by one family member against another:
- Assault IV
- Reckless Endangerment
- Criminal Trespass in the first degree
- Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence
We accept the following payment options: No Checks please.
- Cash in the exact amount
- Debit & Credit Cards