The Planning Division is responsible for Long-Range Planning and Current Planning. The division provides professional support to the East Wenatchee Planning Commission and Hearing Examiner. Planning also undertakes special projects assigned by the East Wenatchee City Mayor and Council.
Long-Range Planning staff ensures that local plans and regulations are in compliance with the state's Growth Management Act in addition to addressing other state, federal and local issues facing the future of the City and the urban growth area. Long-Range Planning generally includes the following activities:
Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Area-Wide Zone changes
Development Regulation Adoption
Capital Facilities Planning
Current Planning staff provides assistance to land owners wishing to build, divide or develop their land by interpreting land use code requirements and assisting with the various application processes. The staff is responsible for implementing the City's development regulations and generally includes the following activities:
- Conditional Use Permits Land division applications (Short Plat, Major Subdivision, Binding Site Plans, Boundary Line Adjustments) Variance application.
- Reviewing project compliance with city ordinances: zoning, subdivision, landscape and screening, signs, parking, stormwater, flood hazard prevention, resource lands and critical areas, and environmental review.
- Greater East Wenatchee Urban Design Standards
- Shoreline Master Program (Chapter 1-9)
- Shoreline Master Program (Appendix)
- Shoreline Urban Area Map (Part 1)
- Shoreline Urban Area Map (Part 2)
- Shoreline Urban Area Map (Part 3)
- Public Involvement Plan
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Brochure
- Landscape Improvements Handout