2018 Comprehensive Plan Map & Zoning Map Amendments
The City of East Wenatchee and Douglas County have started the 60-day comment period for public review and comment regarding proposals to amend the Greater East Wenatchee Area Comprehensive Plan (GEWA Plan) land use map and the City and County official zoning maps.
City Proposals: The East Wenatchee Planning Commission held an open-record hearing and made a recommendation of approval to the East Wenatchee City Council for CPA/ZC2018-02 and CPA/ZC2018-04 on February 26, 2019. The East Wenatchee City Council will hold an open-record hearing to make a final decision on these land use matters at a date to be determined.
1. CPA/ZC2018-01: [WITHDRAWN: It was determined that the property did not comply with the dimensional standards for designation as Neighborhood Commercial (NC)] Peter Ezetta has applied for an amendment to change the land use designation and zoning for a .26-acre parcel from Residential Low Density (R-L) to Neighborhood Commercial (NC). The subject property is located at 1691 Grant Road. The property is currently improved with a single-family residence.
a. CPA/ZC2018-01 Ezetta Application Materials
2. CPA/ZC2018-02: Lenka Slapnicka for Forte Architects, on behalf of property owner, Kevin Precht, has applied for an amendment to change the land use designation and zoning for a .72-acre parcel from Residential High/Office (R-H) to Central Business District (CBD). A Conditional Use Permit and Variance is also being process concurrently with this Comprehensive Plan/Zone Change Amendment. The subject property is located at 378 Eastmont Avenue. The property is currently improved with a single-family residence.
a. CPA/ZC2018-02 Forte-Precht Application Materials
3. CPA/ZC2018-04: The City of East Wenatchee has applied for an amendment to change the land use designation and zoning for a 1.08-acre parcel from Residential Low (R-L) to Residential High/Office (R-H). This amendment would rectify the Comprehensive Plan Designation Map. The subject property is located at 300 9th Street NE. The property is currently improved with a professional office facility.
a. CPA/ZC2018-04 EW Investments Application Materials
Douglas County Proposals: Douglas County has issued a Determination of Non-significance through the State Environmental Policy Act on September 10, 2018. Proposed amendments include:
1. CPRZ-2018-03: The Douglas County Board of Commissioners has applied for an amendment to change the land use designation and zoning for three parcels totaling approximately 6.8 acres from Residential High/Office (R-H) to General Commercial (G-C). This amendment will rectify an irregular growth boundary by eliminating ‘spot-zoning’ and supporting a consistent development by complementing adjacent land uses. The subject properties are located on SR 28, and identified as Assessor Parcel Numbers 40200005602, 40200005601, and 40200005604.
a. CPRZ-2018-03: Douglas County Application Materials and Map
2. CPRZ-2018-04: The Douglas County Board of Commissioners has applied for a comprehensive plan/rezone text and map amendment expanding the East Wenatchee Urban Growth Area boundary by approximately 26 acres and changing the land use designation and zoning for 3 parcels from Commercial Agriculture 5 (AC-5) to General Industrial (I-G). The properties are on NW Cascade Ave. west of the Baker Flats Industrial Area within Section 11 and 14, Township 23 N., Range 20 EWM, Douglas County, and also identified as Assessor Parcel Numbers 78000001800, 78000001700, and 78000001302.
a. CPRZ-2018-04: Douglas County Application Materials and Map
Any person has the right to submit written comments regarding these applications, to receive notice of and participate in any public hearings, request copies of the final decision or appeal the application pursuant to the East Wenatchee Municipal Code and applicable State Law.
Persons desiring to submit comments or requests on the City proposals should do so by writing to:
East Wenatchee Community Development Department
Lori Barnett, Director
271 9th Street NE
East Wenatchee, WA 98802.
E-mail comments may be submitted to LBarnett@east-wenatchee.com.