Listed below are commonly requested public records that are NOT prepared, owned, used, or retained by the City of East Wenatchee. Please select a hyperlink below to be redirected to the appropriate agency.
- 911 Recordings
- Accident Report
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Collision Report
- Criminal History (Background Check)
- Marriage Certificate
- City of East Wenatchee Business License List(s) _ WA BLS
To request Court records, please click on form to print and mail your request to the City or contact Anelva Thompson at fhe following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56), the City must make available for public inspection and copying all public records, unless the record falls within a specific exemption which exempts or prohibits disclosure of specific information or records. To the extent required to prevent an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy interests protected by the Public Records Act, the City delete identifying details in a manner consistent with the Public Records Act when it makes available or publishes any public record. In each case, however, the City must fully explain, in writing, the justification for the deletion.
Within five business days after the receipt of a request, the City's Public Records Officer will do one or more of the following:
- Provide the record;
- Provide an internet address and link (or provide copies or a way to view copies);
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of the time it will require to respond;
- Acknowledge the request and request clarification; or
- Deny the request and cite the legal exemption (common exemptions RCW 42.56.210 through 42.56.510)
Charges for Copies of Public Records
- There is no charge for inspecting public records.
- Fifteen cents per page for photocopies of public records, printed copies of electronic public records when requested by the person requesting records, or for the use of the City's equipment to photocopy public records.
- Ten cents per page for public records scanned into an electronic format or for the use of agency equipment to scan the records.
- Ten cents per gigabyte for the transmission of public records in an electronic format.
- Five cents per each four electronic files or attachment uploaded to email, cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery.
- Black and white copies (8 ½ x 11) are 15 cents per page.
- Mailing includes actual cost of postage and shipping container.
- $5.00 for A DVD/CD/Flash Drive.
- If the requested number of records is large, the City may charge a deposit of up to ten percent of the estimated cost of an entire request before copying records. Also, the City may provide the requested records in installments.
For more information regarding requests for public records, view information provided by Washington's Attorney General.