Civil Service Commission Secretary Vacancy
The City of East Wenatchee
Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for Civil Service Commission Secretary
Independent Contractor Position - Part time - with NO City Benefits
- RCW 41.12.040, requires the East Wenatchee Civil Service Commission to appoint a secretary and chief examiner.
- RCW 41.12.040 also requires a secretary/chief examiner to keep the records for the Commission, preserve all reports made to it, superintend and keep a record of all examinations held under its direction, and perform such other duties as the Commission may prescribe.
- Must a resident of the City of East Wenatchee.
- Must be appointed by the Civil Service Commission as a result of competitive examination.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, and other computer experience.
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Experience taking and preparing meeting minutes.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and writing skills.
- Required to attend one evening meeting each month (1-2 hours).
- Approximately 25 hours annually preparing and overseeing examinations (weekend testing).
- Keep minutes and records of the proceedings of the Commission.
- Safekeep the records and property of the Commission.
- Provide proper notice of regular and special meetings.
- Schedule hearings and notify all parties of hearing schedule.
- Make recommendations regarding policy and amendments to East Wenatchee’s Civil Service Rules.
- Report to the Commission at each regular meeting.
- Submit Commission expenses to be paid by the City.
- Prepare, under the direction of the Commission, and oversee all examinations including: posting examination, consulting with the Appointing Authority, determining minimum qualifications, scoring the examinations, establishing a ranking list of those with passing scores, preparing an eligibility list for hire or promotion.
- Submit testing materials and eligibility lists for the Commission to audit/review and certify.
- Inform the Commission of all appeals.
- Secure the approval of the Commission for the questions and testing components to be used in each examination.
- Supervise or appoint a designee to be present at all examinations whenever reasonable and practical.
- Facilitate correspondences and questions to the Commission.
- Maintain all eligibility lists.
- Record the results of votes taken by the Commissioners.
- Provide notification of meetings to each Commissioner, Appointing Authority and Labor Representative of each department at least seven days prior to the next meeting. Provide minutes to each Commissioner prior to the meeting and copies to others as requested or required by state law.
- Perform all other functions necessary to carry out East Wenatchee’s Civil Service Rules and the provisions of law relating to the Civil Service System and additional duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Commissioners.
To Apply: Submit Resume and Cover Letter to.
Civil Service Commission
C/o City Clerk
271 9th Street NE
East Wenatchee, WA 98802, or