The Civil Service Commission has three members. Each member of the Commission serves for a term of six years.
|Position 1||Chet Virnig||1/1/11 - 12/31/16|
|Position 2||Art Murison||1/1/13 - 12/31/18|
|Position 3||Doug Andrews||1/1/15 - 12/31/20|
Executive Secretary: Adela Mendoza
The Civil Service Commission:
• Adopts rules for the regulation of personnel matters within classified service.
• Appoints an Executive Secretary.
• Approves minutes of meetings and keeps record of proceedings.
• Provides competitive tests for classified positions.
• Provides the Police Chief with certified lists from which an individual may be hired and promoted.
• Reviews the creation, amendment or discontinuance of classified positions.
• Upon request, investigates disciplinary actions.
• Upon request, hears and determines appeals arising from applications, testing and promotional appointments.
• Performs its duties as imposed by Chapters 41.08 and 41.12 of the RCW.